The Student News Site of Plainfield East High School

East Side News

East Side News

East Side News

NEWS: Students show school spirit during homecoming week

Stella Abarca
Nathan Matzig as Ken

We’ve had yet another successful Homecoming season here at Plainfield East. Among all the excitement, students showed off their school pride during this year’s spirit week!

With a day off on Monday, the week began with Tuesday’s Barbie vs. Ken Day. Students dressed up in their best representations of the latest most beloved dolls. We saw a sea of the pinkest outfits, the beachiest attire, and plenty of, well, just Ken.

Wednesday kicked off the Powderpuff game with Jersey Day. Some students claimed their favorite sports team with a variety of jerseys, while those participating in Powderpuff showed off their class pride. For the first time in PEHS history, juniors tied with the seniors at the Powderpuff game on Jersey Day!

Next up: Twin Thursday. Students and teachers took friendship to the next level by dressing identically with their best buds. 

Spirit Week ended with the traditional Class Color Friday to prepare for our annual Pep Assembly. This year, freshmen wore red, sophomores wore yellow, juniors wore blue, and seniors showed off their purple pride. Juniors emerged victorious at the Pep Assembly, followed by seniors, sophomores, then freshmen. 

The PEHS Student Council brought the 2023 Homecoming season to life with this year’s Spirit Week themes. Excitement buzzed through the halls as fun outfits were seen, a new year began, and history was made.